by Ryan Thurman
1. The Antioch Network Board is sending us: As President I will be serving to help develop the International team
2. Europe is part of our history: Noleen was born there and served in France, Switzerland and Ireland before we were married. I experienced a powerful call to mission work while serving in Croatia in 1995. I lived and served in Bosnia for a year. Since being married Noleen and I have spent the past 13 years in and out of Europe supporting George and Hanna's ministry of Reconciliation and helping develop Antioch Network in Europe.
3. It is the right time: For the past five years we have been praying about timing. This year we have experienced God's release and blessing to go. Practically our kids are at a great age to adapt to the challenges as well as be able to take in and appreciate the life-lessons and rich experiences that will abound. We also sense this assignment with its different roles and locations will be a gift to our family after ten intense years of living as inner-city missionaries.
What We Will be Doing
1. Developing the Antioch Network team in Europe: This will take us to Germany, Austria, Italy, Malta, and Turkey
2. Helping connect the emerging Antioch Network hubs: In Germany, Rome, Istanbul, and a potential new one in Malta
3. Attending Wittenberg Reconciliation meetings in June 2016 and provide on-the-ground planning for the sixth and largest meeting that will take place November 2017 commemorating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation
4. Offering ourselves and the principals we have learned from establishing Apprenticeship to Jesus in Phoenix to the ministries being birthed in Rome and Malta.
5. Working with refugees: We are hoping to also connect and partner with different refugee ministries that we have connections with in Croatia, Malta, & Turkey
Want to Learn More? Join us for an upcoming dessert:
+Thursday March 31st 6:30-8:30pm at our house (1215 W. Monroe St.)
+Tuesday April 12th 6:30-8:00pm at Don & Genie Street's house (7113 N. 23rd St.)
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be coming to one of these desserts!